- The Rams just wrapped up their Thursday afternoon workout and spent part of the time working on contingency plans because of the injuries they’ve suffered according to coach Steve Spagnuolo.
– On the injury front, not much changed for Thursday’s practice but the Rams are still awaiting word on safety Craig Dahl and defensive tackle Clifton Ryan, neither of whom practiced Thursday.
– Dahl did the “exertion” test on Wednesday and though Spagnuolo thought there were no complications initially, he said Thursday that Dahl actually had a few lingering issues. Dahl was held out Thursday because he must wait a full 24 hours before he can do the exertion test again. He will likely take it again Friday and if he passes that would need to pass the test with an independent doctor on Saturday to play Sunday.
– Ryan was gone from practice meeting with a specialist about his migraine headache issues. No word on whether he’ll be cleared though all parties remain optimistic. Spagnuolo said Ryan could still play this weekend if he’s cleared.
– TE Daniel Fells and CB Kevin Dockery returned to practice in a limited capacity and both could be making strides toward playing against the Redskins.
– WR Laurent Robinson did not practice again as he continues to struggle with a foot injury. It appears more and more that he might not be ready to go this weekend and in that case that Brandon Gibson will active and involved in the offense against Washington.
– RB Steven Jackson and S Oshiomogho Atogwe were also limited again but both are expected to be fine for Sunday.
– With all of the injuries, especially at a few spots, Spagnuolo said there were some things put in place to ensure the Rams are prepared for anything come Sunday…
“What we did today a little bit was, we have a situation here at some positions – tight end, safety – where some of the younger guys are taking a lot of reps with the scout team and the offense and defense. So we kind of did it at full speed and then at a little bit of a jog through. We are trying to be smart about it yet getting ready to play a football game.”
– Spagnuolo said he hopes to get another good crowd much like the one at the season opener against Arizona on Sunday when the Redskins come to town.
“I do think our guys get some juice out of that. I do think it helps. I know it’s greatly appreciated. I’m hoping we get the same thing and then what I am really praying for when I get down on my knees is the reward will be given back to the fans for being out there.”
– The Rams wrap up the week of practice tomorrow with red zone and short yardage work. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »