- The Rams just wrapped up their Thursday afternoon practice on another beautiful fall afternoon at the Russell Training Center. And not much changed in the approach of the team or on the injury report.
– The same four players who sat out Wednesday’s practice were again on the sidelines Thursday. S Darian Stewart (hamstring), DT Clifton Ryan (migraines) and cornerbacks Justin King (hamstring) and Ron Bartell (thigh) did not practice. It still appears that Stewart and King will not play this week and it’s probably unlikely for Ryan as well.
– But Bartell made it clear that he has no intention of missing the game Sunday in Tampa and that this bruise is nothing like the strain he suffered last year.
“It’s nothing like last year,” Bartell said. “I will be back on the field tomorrow.”
– There were no other changes to the injury report as LB Na’il Diggs (knee), WR Mardy Gilyard (hamstring), CB Jerome Murphy (hamstring), LB David Vobora (hamstring) and LB Chris Chamberlain (toe) were still listed as limited participation.
– The Rams had some special guests at practice today. NASCAR Nationwide Series Director Joe Balash, Driver Trevor Bayne and crew chief Ricky Viers stopped by and took in the practice, met Spagnuolo, GM Billy Devaney and some of the players.
– Spagnuolo and the Rams have emphasized finding a way to win on the road this week but the head coach has made it clear he doesn’t want to push the issue too much because at the end of the day it’s still another football game on the schedule.
“In my opinion, it still comes down to playing between the white lines,” Spagnuolo said. “It doesn’t matter where you are, how many people are there, you have got to play football on the field. Even if there’s a pirate ship in the end zone.”
– The Rams are back to work Friday morning with their usual red zone and short yardage practice before a walk through and travel to Tampa Bay on Saturday.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 2 Comments »