– The Rams opened their week of practice Wednesday as they begin preparation for this weekend’s game against the defending Super Bowl champion Saints.
– On the injury front, the secondary has taken some hits and will need to get healthy for this weekend as the Saints will almost certainly take to the skies with the passing attack.
– Among defensive backs, CB Ron Bartell (shoulder) and S Oshiomogho Atogwe (shoulder) did not participate. S Craig Dahl (knee), CB Jerome Murphy (hamstring) and CB Justin King (shoulder) were limited participants. That’s the majority of the injury report. So the Rams will have to hope that health comes as the week goes on.
– Bartell said his stinger injury would be something he’ll have to deal with for the rest of the season. He said he was optimistic he’d be able to go Sunday but he may be limited like he was with the injury earlier in the year.
– Atogwe said he has a bruise on his shoulder but is confident he’ll be able to play against New Orleans. Dahl is expected to be ready to go but Murphy and King will be monitored as the week goes on.
– RB Ken Darby (ribs) and TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee) also did not participate.
– T Charles Brown was the only Saint who was even limited in Wednesday’s practice with a back ailment.
– The Rams officially called LB David Nixon up from the practice squad and placed Na’il Diggs on injured reserve with a torn pectoral. Diggs is set for surgery on Friday.
– The Rams also signed LB Maurice Simpkins to the practice squad to replace Nixon.
– It appears that David Vobora will get the first shot at replacing Diggs at SLB and Chris Chamberlain will work at WIL. Chamberlain is wearing a small cast on his wrist but says no surgery will be required on small fracture. He practiced fully on Wednesday.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »