– The Rams are on day closer to their showdown with the Saints in the Big Easy after wrapping up Thursday’s practice.
– They got a bit of good news on Thursday as safety Oshiomogho Atogwe (shoulder) returned to practice on a limited basis.
– Still, the Rams are a bit thin in the secondary depending on how many of their injured players come along.
– CB Ron Bartell and CB Justin King did not practice Thursday with shoulder injuries. Spagnuolo is hopeful they could be available for Sunday but it remained unclear how realistic that is on Thursday.
– TE Michael Hoomanawanui is, of course, out this week with a sprained ankle.
– RB Kenneth Darby did not practice again because of a rib injury.
– Atogwe was joined in limited action by S Craig Dahl (knee) and CB Jerome Murphy (hamstring). The Rams are optimistic that all three should be ready to go on Sunday.
– Should Bartell be unable to play, it’s likely that Quincy Butler would get the start on the outside in his place. Kevin Dockery has been working in the slot the first couple of days of practice as well. Of course, that could be juggled if any or all of Bartell, King and Murphy are able to go.
– With Darby out, rookie RB Keith Toston has been taking the reps as the third down back and backup to Steven Jackson. Spagnuolo says he likes that Toston has fresh legs and thinks he’s ready to fill that role should the need arise.
– WR Danario Alexander is having another solid week of practice and seems on pace to be worked into the offense even more.
– The Rams wrap up the practice week on Friday afternoon before heading to New Orleans on Saturday morning.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »