- The Rams got back to work on Wednesday and did so with a majority of their injured returning to work in some capacity.
– Headlining that list is CB Ron Bartell, who has battled a stinger for the past couple of weeks and earlier in the season. Bartell was limited in practice to individual drills and just a part of team work but says he feels stronger than he did last week.
– In the locker room after practice, Bartell vowed that he would play Sunday, citing the fact that the team is as close to the postseason as it has been in his time in the league. He doesn’t want to miss this.
– Fellow CB Justin King, who suffered a shoulder injury that kept him out last week, returned to practice and did not even appear on the injury report.
– Joining Bartell as limited participants were guard Jacob Bell (knee) and RB Kenneth Darby (ribs). Those two are also expected to be OK for this week.
– P Donnie Jones missed practice with an illness. He should be fine for Sunday.
– LB David Nixon did have surgery on his hand and didn’t practice Wednesday. He should be ready for Sunday, though.
– For Kansas City, the only player listed on the injury report is QB Matt Cassel. He was seen doing a lot of work during the open portion of practice but was listed as limited and didn’t do a whole lot during the team portion.
– Regardless of what happens with Kansas City’s QB situation, the Rams have made it clear what their top defensive priority is this week: slowing down Kansas City’s top-ranked rushing offense. Check out the feature coming to the front page later today for more on this matchup.
– Rams QB Sam Bradford has brought back the beard. The superstitious rookie said he played well with it in November and hasn’t been satisfied with his performance so far in December so he brought it back.
– The Rams get back to it tomorrow morning.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »