- Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo just addressed the media to discuss the addition of Josh McDaniels as offensive coordinator. But before he did, he announced that incumbent QB coach/assistant head coach Richard Curl is going to retire.
– Spagnuolo said that retirement would happen “in the near future” and that the search for a new QB coach would begin soon.
– Spagnuolo and Curl go way back and Spagnuolo considers Curl one of his closest friends in the business. He said Wednesday that he was proud of the work Curl did with rookie QB Sam Bradford this season and thanked him for two years of hard work in St. Louis.
– As for a replacement, there are a couple of logical possibilities, both of which Spagnuolo was asked about.
1. McDaniels could handle the dual roles of QB coach/offensive coordinator. He did that with New England earlier in his career.
2. McDaniels’ brother Ben, who handled that role in Denver last season.
– Spagnuolo said he expected McDaniels could handle the dual role because he’s done it before but that there had been no discussions yet about bringing his brother along. McDaniels and Spagnuolo will discuss that in the coming days.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 2 Comments »