- There are plenty of people in the mock draft community that have pegged Alabama WR Julio Jones for the Rams with the 14th pick in this year’s NFL Draft. But after his performance in front of the NFL world on Sunday morning, don’t be surprised if he doesn’t even make it into the double digits of the draft.
- Already an impressive physical specimen who measured in at a shade under 6’3, 220 pounds, some questioned just how athletic Jones is. But those questions have been put to rest. Emphatically.
- In unofficial times from the NFL Network, Jones ran times of 4.39 and 4.43 in the 40-yard dash. But word from inside is that Jones actually clocked in the mid 4.3s on the attempt reported to be at 4.39.
- As if that wasn’t enough, Jones proved even more of an athletic freak when he jumped 42 inches in the vertical and then a ridiculous 11 feet, 3 inches in the broad jump.
- I’ve maintained for a while that I thought Jones would go in the top 10. Now I have no doubt.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »