– The Rams have tentatively set aside the numbers for the new rookie class.
– For those looking to get a jumpstart on buying a jersey or just updating their roster with the new class, here’s the lowdown…
– DE Robert Quinn – 94
– TE Lance Kendricks – 88
– WR Austin Pettis – 83
– WR Greg Salas – 87
– S Jermale Hines – 21
– CB Mikail Baker – 41
– LB Jabara Williams – 52
– S Jonathan Nelson – 26
– Some notes on these numbers that might have been worn previously.
– No player on the active roster wore 94 last year. DT Jimmy Saddler-McQueen wore it on the practice squad. Victor Adeyanju had it previously.
– Tight End Derek Schouman wore 88 last year. He is not under contract for 2011.
– No. 83 belonged to practice squad WR Brandon McRae last year and hasn’t been worn prominently since Kevin Curtis.
– No. 87 was property of TE Darcy Johnson last year. He, too, is not under contract for 2011.
– Hines is stepping into a vacated safety spot that was held by Oshiomogho Atogwe and he’s also taking over Atogwe’s old No. 21. Atogwe signed with Washington before the lockout began.
– Baker is taking over one of the rare numbers that was not worn by anyone at any point last year.
– Williams has the number that once belonged to Curtis Johnson. Johnson was on practice squad for part of last year but finished the season on the active roster.
– Nelson’s No. 26 was also unaccounted for last year but might be most recently remembered because it was CB Tye Hill’s.
– Of the eight new rookies on the roster, none are scheduled to wear the same number they wore in college in the pros.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »