- The Rams will have their full physicals when they report for training camp on Friday but it seems that they will be almost completely healthy in time for the first practice Saturday.
– Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said as much on Tuesday though he also acknowledged that he didn’t have a full report on the team’s players returning from ailments.
– Some players have already spent time with head athletic trainer Reggie Scott. Those players are the ones Spagnuolo feels best about.
“I didn’t get to Reggie on everybody,” Spagnuolo said. “No red alerts right now. You know what, I have to sit down with Reggie.”
- Even after that, the Rams will have their full battery of tests on Friday. Which means it’s uncertain if some players will have any restrictions.
“I don’t know that,” Spagnuolo said. “You know, you have the whole PUP status. We’ve really got to reassess them. It’s not really until they get their official physical that you say… which will happen Friday.”
– But it seems that most players rehabbing injuries are in good shape. Receiver Donnie Avery looks to be fit and ready to go and will likely be cleared to go full speed after suffering a season ending injury last preseason. Dominique Curry is another who appears set to go.
– One player to keep an eye on early in camp is linebacker Na’il Diggs. He suffered a difficult torn pectoral injury late in the season and might not be all the way back just yet.
– We’ll have a complete injury update later this week after the physicals.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »