- The Rams finished their second day of practice under scorching hot temperatures but seemed to make it through practice OK.
- Some news on the injury front real quick: DE Robert Quinn did not practice as he arrived at camp with a sprained right knee. For now, he is on the PUP-Non-Football Injury list. He suffered a sprained knee while training in the offseason. He says the injury happened about two months ago and he feels good. But the Rams want to be cautious with him because he hasn’t played in more than a year. He could come off that list and be on the field any day, though.
- CB Mikail Baker did not practice because of a sprained right knee.
- CB Marquis Johnson and FB Brit Miller have been placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list because they are still recovering from knee injuries.
- Spagnuolo said he thought the team fought through the heat well except for the part of practice following the water break in the middle. A little bit of sluggishness is to be expected with so much rust to chip away but there were quite a few dropped balls and mistakes that followed the break.
- The Rams made the signing of DT Justin Bannan official on Sunday. Bannan provides another wide body for the middle of the defense according to Spagnuolo. He’ll plug right in next to Fred Robbins when free agents are eligible to begin practice on Thursday.
- Spagnuolo announced the trade of G John Greco to Cleveland has become official. The Rams received an undisclosed conditional draft pick in exchange for Greco. Best of luck to Greco with the Brownies.
- The free agent activity hasn’t slowed and the Rams remain active so stay tuned for more updates as they come.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »