– The Rams just finished their Wednesday afternoon practice. It had a little different feel to it as the weather cooperated for the first time in camp with temperature in the high 70s and low 80s. In addition, coach Steve Spagnuolo pulled up on the reins a bit, allowing the team to practice in shells instead of full pads.
– On the injury front, the news on MLB James Laurinaitis is positive. He has a strained pectoral muscle but it’s not serious and he is listed as day to day. He did not practice on Wednesday but he’s expected to be just fine.
– Spagnuolo held DE James Hall (flexor) and Ron Bartell (ankle) out again. Both are going to be fine but the Rams want to be cautious.
– Speaking of which, DT Jermelle Cudjo (back) was also held back some on Wednesday as he recovers. He practiced Tuesday but was a little tight Wednesday so he was held out.
– CB Jerome Murphy did have surgery on his ankle on Wednesday as expected. He could be out for the season but the Rams will wait to make that determination until they have more information. Injured reserve is probable but the Physically Unable to Perform list remains possible.
– Had a chance to chat with new LB Brady Poppinga after practice. Poppinga is full of energy and really fun to talk to. He says he has always enjoyed defenses that focus on getting downhill and attacking the ball carrier. He could be a real sleeper surprise for this defense in 2011.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 2 Comments »