- It was another light, crisp workout for the Rams on Monday afternoon as they got back to work following last weekend’s preseason opener against Indianapolis. Working in just “uppers,” the team went through its paces for about two and a half hours.
– There were a couple additions to the injury report, though nothing that seemed too serious. G Jacob Bell tweaked his knee and did not practice. LT Rodger Saffold practiced but tweaked his back a little and did not finish the workout. S Jermale Hines was sick and did not practice.
– The Rams were also cautious with RB Jerious Norwood. Still coming back from knee issues, they just wanted to rest him.
– WR Donnie Avery (hamstring) and WR Mike Sims-Walker (groin) also did not practice again and likely won’t be back this week.
– DT Jermelle Cudjo continues to have back issues and did not practice.
– On the bright side, the Rams appear to be getting better as a number of players returned to work. MLB James Laurinaitis (pectoral), DE James Hall (flexor), DE Eugene Sims (concussion), TE Michael Hoomanawanui (concussion), WR Greg Salas (hamstring), CB Ron Bartell (ankle) and TE Fendi Onobun (knee) all returned to practice in some capacity.
– Also, LB Ben Leber made his debut on the practice field, working on both sides on the outside.
– The Rams made a roster move, also. They added WR Jared Jenkins and released QB Taylor Potts.
– Reminder: Tomorrow’s practice is at 1:15. It is free and open to the public.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »