- The hardest part is over for the Rams after they officially wrapped up the training camp portion of the preseason on Wednesday afternoon.
– They did it inside the Russell Training Center as coach Steve Spagnuolo wanted to keep his team out of the heat. So, the team invited the fans in attendance inside to watch. When it was all over, the entire team went to the sidelines to sign autographs for the fans.
– Spagnuolo made it a point to thank all the fans that came out throughout this camp for supporting the team and finding ways to get away from work to come watch the team.
– Now, the Rams will turn their attention to the Chiefs for Friday night’s preseason contest. That game is the “dress rehearsal” where the starters get their longest action of the preseason and really, the final tuneup for the starters before the regular season begins.
– Spagnuolo says he’d like to see the starters play the entire first half and possibly a series or two in the third quarter but it will depend on the “pitch count” or number of plays they play in the first half.
– Four players who won’t play because of injury: TE Michael Hoomanawanui (calf), CB Mikail Baker (hamstring), DT Jermelle Cudjo (back) and DT Fred Robbins (back).
– Spagnuolo said Brady Poppinga (Strong side) and Ben Leber (Weak side) will likely start against the Chiefs. Don’t be surprised if Darian Stewart starts at safety next to Quintin Mikell, either. Stewart took reps with the first team again on Wednesday.
– The Rams will have a short walk through tomorrow morning before heading to Kansas City.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »