- In order to be in compliance with league rules, the Rams and every other team in the NFL must be down to 80 players n the roster by Tuesday.
- The Rams began that process by cutting a trio of players on Sunday: TE Schuylar Oordt and receivers Joe West and Jared Jenkins.
- On Monday, the Rams made a few more moves to get closer to the final 80.
- Heading the list is veteran LB Na’il Diggs. Diggs signed with the Rams before last season and was solid at strong side linebacker before a pectoral injury ended his season about a month early. But the team signed Brady Poppinga in the offseason and he appears to have won the job.
- DB John Dempsey and DL Kenneth Charles were also let go.
- The other move the Rams made (they started at 89 so only had to make nine moves) were all injury related. The team placed DT Jermelle Cudjo (back) on injured reserve.
- The release of Diggs, Dempsey, Charles, Oordt, West and Jenkins combined with the I.R. move gets the roster down to 82 players. The Rams will have to make two more moves before Thursday night’s preseason finale in Jacksonville.
- It’s possible the Rams other moves could come in the form of injured reserve options. CBs Jerome Murphy (ankle) and Dionte Dinkins (ankle) are a couple of candidates that could wind up on I.R. as well.
- After that game, the team will have to do some major cutting to get down to 53 and an eight-man practice squad.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 2 Comments »