- To help combat the Packers dynamic offense that awaits them this weekend, the Rams are putting even more emphasis on doing the things necessary to control the ball – and presumably the clock – on Sunday.
- Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Thursday that there are multiple ways to control the ball but without giving away the game plan he emphasized finding a way to secure the ball, not turn it over and move the chains on a consistent basis.
- That doesn’t necessarily mean the Rams will come out and run it 50 times but it does mean they’ll be looking for ways to protect the ball. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and that’s what the Rams are hoping for this weekend.
- On the injury front, the Rams got some bodies back on Thursday.
- G Jacob Bell was upgraded from did not practice to limited. He took some reps at his usual left guard spot.
- LS Jake McQuaide (illness) and CB Josh Gordy (death in the family) returned to practice after missing Wednesday.
- TE Mike Hoomanawanui continues his progress following a concussion. He’s been cleared for contact drills and is tracking toward being ready to play against the Packers.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 4 Comments »