ARLINGTON, Tex. –
– The Rams got a first down as Feeley hit Hoomanawanui for a gain of 27.
– But that was it for the Rams, who punted it back and Dallas starts yet again at its 22.
– It matters not who is at running back for Dallas as it continues to just pound the ball on the ground against the Rams’ woeful run defense.
– Murray ripped off a 43-yard run to the Rams’ 30 before ceding the work to Phillip Tanner.
– Tanner ran twice for 23 yards, including a 6-yard touchdown to make it 27-7 with 9:22 to go.
– The Rams got it back at their 13.
– Rams drive ended when Ware sacked Feeley, forcing a fumble and the Cowboys took over on downs at the Rams’ 34.
– Romo hit Bryant for a 20-yard touchdown to make it 34-7 Dallas with 4:07 to play.
– As Dallas backed off, the Rams put together a drive highlighted by a 34-yard catch and run from Lloyd to the Dallas’ 13.
– The Rams got to Dallas’ 1 but couldn’t put it in and that ended it.
– Dallas wins 34-7.
– The Cowboys started the second half from their 20.
– Murray picked up 19 on second down to the 45.
– A handoff to Choice turned into a turnover as Choice was hit by Mikell, jarring it loose as he fell to the ground. Al Harris pounced on it to give the Rams a golden opportunity at the Dallas 44.
– The Rams promptly went three and out as Feeley looked deep for Lloyd on first down but got no call for interference and no catch.
– Dallas gets it back at its 12.
– The Cowboys methodically drove it with a couple of catches by Bryant and some Murray running.
– Dallas settled for a 51-yard field goal from Bailey to make it 20-7 Dallas with 5:32 to go in the third quarter.
– Rams wasted good field position again, starting from their 40 and going three and out.
– The Cowboys get it back at their 14.
– The Rams got a stop after Dallas picked up a pair of first downs. Rams take over at their 3.
– Feeley hit Jackson for 3 yards to the 5.
– At the end of the third quarter, the Rams trail 20-7.
– DE James Hall came up with a sack to move the Cowboys back 11 yards but it didn’t take long for them to get it back.
– Romo hit Dez Bryant for a gain of 34 then Laurent Robinson for 17 more to the Rams’ 4.
– On third-and-goal at the 1, Romo hit Witten in the back of the end zone for a touchdown and 14-0 lead with 12:25 to go in the half.
– The Rams started from their 15 and put together a solid drive as Feeley hit Lloyd for gains of 7, 4 and 7.
– But the big play came when Jackson broke a 40-yard gain up the middle to the Dallas 6.
– On first and goal, the Rams cleared out the right side and Jackson waltzed into the end zone for a touchdown.
– A red zone score for the Rams, a positive step in the right direction. They trim Dallas lead to 14-7 with 7:58 to go in the half.
– LB Brady Poppinga has a left calf strain, his return is doubtful. Bryan Kehl is in for Poppinga.
– The Cowboys started again from their 20.
– After picking up a first down on a 6-yard completion to Witten, the Cowboys were forced to punt after an incomplete pass on third down.
– The Rams take over again at their 13.
– Two plays gained 2 yards before Feeley misfired a pass that was intercepted by Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins.
– Dallas takes over again at the Rams’ 30.
– Murray picked up a first down, gaining 10 on two carries. Romo followed by hitting Miles Austin for a gain of 9 to make it second-and-1 at the Rams’ 11.
– The Rams caught a break as Bryant dropped what would have been a touchdown on the ensuing second down and Al Harris broke up the third down pass.
– K Dan Bailey hit from 30 yards out to make it 17-7 Dallas with 15 seconds left in the half.
– That’s where we stand at the half, as Dallas leads 17-7.
– The Rams won the toss and elected to receive.
– After starting from their 24, the Rams ran twice for a net of 3 yards before Feeley hit Salas for a 12-yard gain and a first down.
– Two more Jackson runs and an incompletion netted 0 yards and the Rams had to punt.
– Donnie Jones boomed one that was downed at the 2, where Dallas gets its first chance.
– The Cowboys picked up a first down when Romo hit Jason Witten for a 4-yard gain on second down.
– A holding penalty on the Rams followed by one on Dallas moved it back to the 9 for a first-and-19.
– From there, rookie RB DeMarco Murray did all the work, taking a handoff on a misdirection play, making Quintin Mikell miss and racing 91 yards for a touchdown and a quick 7-0 lead for Dallas.
– The Rams started again from their 20 and picked up a quick 12 on a completion to Lloyd. They added another first down as Feeley hit Bajema for 12 yards and a first down into Dallas territory.
– But that was all for that drive as the Rams lost 5 on a third down screen pass. Dallas gets it back at its 20.
– The Rams defense bounced back with a quick three and out.
– Good field position for the Rams who take over at their 36.
– The Rams had a drive moving after Jackson converted a third down for a gain of 5 to the 50.
– On the ensuing play, disaster struck twice after Feeley dumped it off to Cadillac Williams for a gain of about 12 but Williams fumbled and Dallas S Abram Elam recovered.
– Not only did the drive end up the Rams lost RT Jason Smith to injury. He was taken off on a stretcher.
– Smith waved his hands a little bit as he was taken off on the stretcher. He will not return. Updates as we get them.
– At the end of the first quarter, the Cowboys lead 7-0 and have a first down at the Rams’ 44.
– Greetings from Cowboys Stadium where the Rams and Cowboys are warming up in preparation for today’s 3:15 start.
– As announced yesterday, QB Sam Bradford will not be available today because of a sprained left ankle. He tested it on Friday but the Rams didn’t want to risk making it worse.
– A.J. Feeley will start in Bradford’s stead and the Rams have promoted QB Tom Brandstater from the practice squad to serve as the backup.
– To make room for Brandstater, the Rams released WR/KR Nick Miller.
– At receiver, the Rams will have a little different look this week. Expect Danario Alexander to start with newly-acquired Brandon Lloyd. Greg Salas and Austin Pettis will also be in the mix.
– The inactives for the Rams: Bradford, RB Jerious Norwood, CB Brian Jackson, DE C.J. Ah You, TE Stephen Spach, LB Ben Leber and WR Brandon Gibson.
– The addition of Lloyd and the special teams need of Pettis puts Gibson down.
– Rams will be wearing blue jerseys with white pants today.
– Of note for the Cowboys, RB Felix Jones is inactive as expected. Tashard Choice starts in his stead.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 3 Comments »