– Coach Steve Spagnuolo confirmed Friday what many suspected all week: QB Sam Bradford (high ankle sprain) will not play this week against New Orleans. He did not test the ankle today as he did a week ago and the Rams are trying to be smart about it.
– A.J. Feeley will start for Bradford on Sunday.
– CB Justin King surprised by doing some work in practice and it is possible he’ll be available this weekend after battling a groin injury all week.
– Likewise, CB Marquis Johnson is probably going to be active this week and removed from the PUP list. The Rams will have to let someone go to make room for him but that decision hasn’t been made yet.
– WR Mark Clayton has been bothered by an Achilles injury and will not be activated. He’s sore right now but the team doesn’t want to take a chance activating him this weekend.
On the official injury report:
OUT: Bradford, T Jason Smith, DT Darell Scott
DOUBTFUL: WR Danario Alexander
QUESTIONABLE: CB King, LB Brady Poppinga
PROBABLE: DE C.J. Ah You
– Look for guys like Ben Leber and Adam Goldberg to play bigger roles this week.
– Lastly, it’s rare to get the type of event that’s taking place in St. Louis tonight. Sports have a way of providing drama that you can’t find anywhere else. For those of you about to sit back and watch tonight’s game 7 between the Cardinals and Rangers, enjoy it.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 3 Comments »