– We are only a few weeks away from the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis and the league released the names of the participants this week.
– Here is a link to the entire list of players invited. Remember, this includes underclassmen who have declared for the draft and in a general sense includes players expected to be drafted in April. However, not all of these players will participate in every facet of the combine.
– A record 65 underclassmen declared for the draft this year and a dozen or so of those players are thought to be the top available players in this year’s draft. Of that group, 55 were invited to the combine.
– Of local interest, the University of Missouri and the University of Illinois each had four invites.
For Mizzou, it’s TE Michael Egnew, DT Dominique Hamilton, WR Jerrell Jackson and DE Jacquies Smith.
For Illinois, it’s DE Whitney Mercilus, OL Jeffery Allen, K Derek Dimke and WR A.J. Jenkins.
– Also, WR Marvin McNutt of Iowa, who played at the Senior Bowl, received an invite.
– As always, stlouisrams.com will have full coverage from the Combine with media availability beginning Feb. 23-26. As an added bonus, this year, we will have a video presence in attendance to add more multimedia content throughout the weekend.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »