– Good morning from Lucas Oil Stadium where the media portion of this year’s NFL Scouting Combine will begin in earnest today.
– This is my ninth NFL Scouting Combine and I must say, now that we’ve settled here at Lucas Oil, it’s that much more enjoyable. This city is an excellent host and always has been so it was no surprise that it got rave reviews for its Super Bowl hospitality.
– Let me give you a little rundown of the Captain’s Log for the next four days.
– Today, Thursday, the offensive linemen, tight ends and kickers and punters will be coming through the media area. That group will have its medical checkups today as well with their physical workouts scheduled for tomorrow.
– Friday will be the biggest day of the event for those looking for Rams-releated stuff. Coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead will address the media at 1 p.m. and 2 p.m., respectively. In addition, it’s the day for skill position players to meet the media. That means wide receivers, running backs and quarterbacks – including the likes of Justin Blackmon, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, etc. That group will do its physical workout on Saturday.
– Saturday will feature defensive linemen and linebackers with their media and medical day. That group works out on Sunday.
– Sunday will wrap up the media portion with defensive backs including safeties and cornerbacks. Those players will work out on Monday to wrap things up from here.
– In the meantime, expect plenty of blog updates in this space as well as feature stories on the main page. Also, for the first time ever, we’ll have video updates throughout the days with clips from interviews with players and necessary coaches and personnel guys. We’ll also have a few surprises along the way.
– One quick note on the players: Alabama RB Trent Richardson had a knee scope last week and will not work out here or at the Crimson Tide’s upcoming pro day. He’s still scheduled to be here and we’ll hopefully get a chance to chat with him tomorrow.
– Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for plenty more in the coming days.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »