– Condolences go out this morning to the family of former Rams center Rich Saul, who died Sunday after a battle with leukemia at the age of 64.
– Originally an 8th round pick of the Rams in 1970 out of Michigan State, Saul became a mainstay on the team’s offensive line for the next dozen years.
– Saul went to six consecutive Pro bowls from 1975-1981.
– Saul retired in 1981 while still playing at a high level.
– For the past nine years, Saul has fought leukemia until succumbing on Sunday. Former teammate and Rams legend Jack Youngblood tweeted the news to the world on Sunday afternoon: “We lost Rich Saul today. Our prayers are with Eileen and the kids. He knew who he was and where he was going. See you again, Richie.”
– Allow us to echo those sentiments in this space. All the best to Saul’s family and thanks to him for contributing so many great memories and moments to Rams history.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 4 Comments »