- The Rams began their rookie minicamp on Friday though coach Jeff Fisher is thinking of it more as an “orientation” than anything. It’s a chance for the rookies to get acclimated to how practices will go and get familiar with their surroundings in addition to getting a first look at their playbooks and meet teammates and coaches.
– The group is 39 players deep with one returning player from last year in practice squad center Tim Barnes, four tryout players, 24 undrafted rookie free agents and the 10 drafted players from April’s NFL Draft.
– The setup for this weekend allows the group to come in, get an idea of how things will go and then dive into OTAs and the final minicamp uninterrupted. That setup should make for a more smooth transition for the rookie group.
– On Friday, the group went through a walk through in the morning and a practice in the afternoon. Here’s a quick breakdown of how the rookies are lining up and working:
QB: Austin Davis, Barrett Trotter (tryout)
RB: Isaiah Pead, Daryl Richardson, Calvin Middleton, Nick Schwieger
FB: Todd Anderson
WR: Brian Quick, Nick Johnson, Mike Campbell (tryout)
WR: Chris Givens, Tony Logan (tryout), Travis Simpson (tryout)
TE: Corey Harkey, DeAngelo Peterson, Jamie Childers
LT: Joe Long
LG: T-Bob Hebert
C: Tim Barnes
RG: Michael Hay
RT: Rokevious Watkins
DE: Jamaar Jarrett
DT: Matt Conrath
DT: Michael Brockers
DE: Scott Smith
SLB: Sammy Brown
MLB: Noah Keller, Alex Hoffman-Ellis,
WLB: Aaron Brown, Derrick Choice
CB: Trumaine Johnson
CB: Janoris Jenkins, Jeremy Caldwell
SS: Matt Daniels, Rodney McLeod
FS: Quinton Pointer
K: Greg Zuerlein
P: John Hekker
LS: Travis Tripucka
Of course, many will move around and work at various positions not only this weekend but especially when the veterans arrive next week.
– More updates today and tomorrow as this wraps up on Saturday afternoon.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 2 Comments »