– The Rams and first-round pick DT Michael Brockers struck a deal on Thursday afternoon as the 14th pick in this year’s draft inked his rookie deal with the team late in the day.
– Brockers is the seventh member of the Rams’ 10-man draft class to sign on the dotted line as the Rams move closer to getting everyone under contract before the end of the offseason program next week.
– Brockers has been present and participating in the team’s Organized Team Activities and the rookie minicamp, working mostly with the first team alongside Kendall Langford on the inside.
– The Rams used the 14th selection on Brockers after trading down from No. 6.
– At 6’5, 322 pounds, Brockers is expected to play right away and help a run defense that finished near the bottom of the league in 2011.
– Only second round WR Brian Quick, second round CB Janoris Jenkins and third round CB Trumaine Johnson remain unsigned. All are expected to be under contract soon, most likely by the end of next week at the latest.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »