– Don’t be surprised if you happen to see a St. Louis Ram or two or 10 around town this week as the team kicks off what has become the now annual rookie week in which the entire rookie class is introduced to the St. Louis community via a variety of avenues.
– Rookie week begins in earnest this morning when the Rams and the rookie class will host a group of youngsters for a youth football camp at ContinuityX Training Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The campers will get instruction in all parts of the game from the Rams rookies.
– Then, later today, the rookies will head off to a bowling event for the Team Activities for Special Kids (TASK) this evening where the rookies will bowl with some very special kids and event sponsors Solutia.
– On Tuesday, the rookie class will spend most of the day in the classroom, as they partake in presentations centered on the many responsibilities that come with playing in the NFL. That includes a law enforcement presentation as well as things such as a presentation on real estate.
– Tuesday night, the drafted rookies will head back to the training facility for a special private event with Edward Jones Dome suite holders.
– On Wednesday, the presentations will continue including a financial services class courtesy of Edward Jones.
– Wednesday night, the rookies will head off to private reception downtown with more suite holders and sponsors.
– Then, on Thursday, comes perhaps the keynote event of the week as the rookies join the entire Rams staff for a trip to Joplin, MO to participate in the Governor’s Challenge. Following an early morning departure, the entire staff will arrive in Joplin to spend the day helping to build five houses in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity. After a day of work, the entire staff and rookies will arrive back in St. Louis late Thursday night.
– On Friday, rookies will be all over St. Louis as they split into groups and get a tour of St. Louis with trips to various city landmarks and beloved restaraunts included in the trip. That’ll come on the heels of presentations from US Bank and a local credit education program.
– To wrap up the week, the rookies will join QB Sam Bradford and thousands of others to participate in the Komen Race for the Cure in downtown St. louis. Drafted rookies will join cheerleaders in handing out pink roses to breast cancer survivors at the finish line.
– All in all, it will be a busy week for the Rams rookies before they head out for the rest of the offseason. The drafted rookies don’t finish their work this week as they still must head to Ohio for the Rookie Symposium. Upon the completion of that, everyone will be on their own until the rookie report back for training camp on July 25.
– Stay tuned to stlouisrams.com and Twitter (@StLouisRams) for updates throughout rookie week.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 2 Comments »