- The Rams rookies are scheduled to step on the field for their first training camp practice today and when they do, they’ll have their entire complement of players available after their only two unsigned rookies – CB Janoris Jenkins and CB Trumaine Johnson – agreed to terms on their rookies contracts late Tuesday night.
– Jenkins and Johnson are expected to put pen to paper this morning and step on the field with their teammates this afternoon.
– Jenkins, of course, was the team’s second, second-round pick in April’s NFL Draft out of North Alabama. He’s expected to compete for a starting job right away opposite Cortland Finnegan on the outside.
– Johnson was the second pick of the third round out of Montana, where he played with assistant secondary coach Brandon Fisher, the son of Rams head coach Jeff Fisher. Johnson is expected to be right in the mix early as well, potentially competing for a role in the team’s nickel packages.
– The Rams now have all 10 of their drafted rookies signed before camp begins. The veterans report to St. Louis on Saturday with the first full squad practice scheduled for Sunday at 3:30 in the afternoon.
– Check back later for more details as these contracts become official.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »