Final Team Drill Session
- The Rams did a little more team work, including a two minute drive that was keyed by Gibson’s 28-yard catch down the sideline to set up a touchdown.
- The rookies went live after to wrap up the workout.
- Thanks for following along.
- Rams working on field goals. Garrett Lindholm getting the reps right now. He hits from 38 and 44 to start.
- He followed it up with a 49-yarder. Nice showing.
- Greg Zuerlein up next. His first kick from 39 is good. He converts.
- His turn from 44. Makes that one easily.
- He also hits from 49. Nice job by both kickers, they combine to go six for six.
Zuerlein getting a shot from 54. He hits it easily with about 10 yards to spare.
- We keep going. He’ll try from 59 yards out. He hits again with about 5 yards to spare.
- Zuerelein goes again, this time from 64 yards out. He just misses to the left.
- What a leg on the kid. He steals the show late.
- Rams offense runs it twice for 6 yards and a third down completion to Mike McNeill comes up short for a three and out.
- The second team offense enters with Clemens at QB.
- Run defense doing a solid job so far.
- REMINDER: This is NOT live tackling. They are playing thud tempo which means on first contact the play is ruled dead.
- Another quick three and done for the offense.
- Second situation begins: 2:50 on clock from their 41, first team offense back ont he field.
- With Saffold not practicing, Jose Valdez is taking reps at LT. He just got introduced to the speed of Robert Quinn, who would have had a sack.
- Not much of note from first couple of team drills.
- Rams moving to red zone work.
- Jackson with a nice run up the middle for 8 yards and a would be touchdown.
- Bradford hits Mike McNeill for a 2-yard touchdown. Should be noted the backup defense is in right now.
- Jackson popped another one in from 2 yards out.
- Switching ends for the second team offense against first team defense.
- Bradley Fletcher with a nice pass breakup on a pass intended for WR Austin Pettis in the corner of the end zone.
- Threes vs. threes now. This could be live portion.
- Austin Davis hits Cory Harkey for a touchdown.
- That’ll do it for team portion.
Seven on Seven/Pass Rush Drills
- It’s just one on one pass rush drills but so far a much better day for the offensive line than we’ve seen so far.
- A couple of quick updates: In addition to C Scott Wells, the Rams have two more OL who aren’t practicing today. Ryan McKee and Rodger Saffold are not participating. Will get an update from Fisher after practice.
- TEs Lance Kendricks and Deangelo Peterson also are sitting out.
- The seven on seven drills are coming in the red zone and Bradford looks sharp so far. He’s threaded the needle to Gibson, Greg Sala and TE Michael Hoomanawanui so far.
- Brockers vs. Watkins, aside from being just a mass of humanity, goes to Brockers with a nice quick rip move. Brockers gets him with a similar move on the second rep.
- Kellen Clemens hits Quick for a touchdown in front of Trumaine Johnson.
- WR Danario Alexander taking some reps in seven on seven, catches a TD from Clemens in his first rep. Alexander needs to be back on the field so every little bit helps.
- Rookie QB Austin Davis having one of his better seven on seven sessions. He found Nick Johnson for a touchdown on a beautiful slant in the end zone.
- That’ll do it for seven on seven. Should be time for team drills.
One on Ones
- The Rams have begun one on one pass drills and one on one pass rush drills.
- Danny Amendola wowed the crowd with a leaping catch on a perfectly thrown ball from Bradford to beat CB Cortland Finnegan for a touchdown.
- Rookie WR Brian Quick made a nice grab against S Rodney McLeod but would have been out of bounds on the play.
- C Robert Turner continutes to have some nice moments and held up stout against massive rookie DT Michael Brockers.
- WR Brandon Gibson continues his strong start to camp with somemore catches for TDs in the one on ones.
- G Rokevious Watkins manhandled DT Matt Conrath a couple times in pass rush drills. Watkins is a power, powerful man. Easy to see the potential there, even if it’s raw.
- Rough day for the wideouts right now aside from Gibson and Amendola.
Stretching and Special Teams
- The Rams are on the field and stretching and warming up.
- As usual, the special teams takes center stage first. They’re working coverage units.
- RB Steven Jackson just came out on the field to a nice ovation. QB Sam Bradford got the same.
- In kick return wotrk, the reps continue to go to a group that includes RB Isaiah Pead, CB Janoris Jenkins, WR Danny Amendola as the usual suspects.
- Special teams portion of practice is wrapped up. Position drills underway.
- Really strong turnout here at the Edward Jones Dome.
- Greetings from the Edward Jones Dome – nice to be able to say that again.
- We are here for today’s Rams Fan Fest and scrimmage.
- I’ll be updating this throughout today’s festivities in lieu of the usual post-practice scrimmage. I will have a full story for the front of the site after ward. So keep checking back as I’ll be updating regularly.
- Good turnout so far and GM Les Snead is about to speak to the fans. The team will step on the field at 12:30. This will be a normal practice but fully padded and coach Jeff Fisher wants to turn up the tempo.
- At the end of the practice, the Rams will finish up with some live action for the rookies.
- Stay tuned throughout the next two hours.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »