– The Rams just wrapped up their Friday practice and completed their week of preparation for Seattle coming to the Edward Jones Dome on Sunday.
– On the injury front, RB Steven Jackson (groin) did a little bit of work on Friday but not a lot. He’ll be listed as questionable on the official injury report. He’ll again go through a pregame warmup before a final determination is made on his status but it seems likely he’ll be available again.
– DT Michael Brockers (ankle) made it through the week of practice with no apparent setbacks. He’ll be listed as questionable also but he’s expected to go.
– Tackle Wayne Hunter (knee) did not practice Friday after limited work Wednesday and Thursday. It’s still expected he’ll be available but he’s going to be listed as questionable. If Hunter can’t go, the Rams would likely kick Quinn Ojinnaka outside to left tackle and plug Shelley Smith in at left guard, rather than plugging newly-acquired Joe Barksdale in at LT only about 72 hours after acquiring him from the waiver wire.
– Coach Jeff Fisher had some positive things to say about Barksdale’s ability. At 6’5, 329 pounds, Barksdale has the size of a tackle that Fisher likes and since Barksdale was just drafted in the third round last year, there is still plenty of upside there. Even if he doesn’t start, there’s a strong chance Barksdale will be active against Seattle, just based on the numbers.
– T Rodger Saffold (knee), DT Matt Conrath (knee) and S Matt Daniels (hamstring) aren’t likely to be available this week.
– Here’s the official report:
Out: Daniels, Saffold
Questionable: Jackson, Hunter, Brockers
– As always, thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »