– Well, this edition of Wrapping Up will take on a decidedly different look seeing as the Rams wanted to “wrap up” yesterday’s win about 20 minutes after it was over. And understandably so considering they have a game with Arizona coming up already on Thursday night.
– The Rams actually returned to the practice field on Monday afternoon and went through a shorter practice with a heavy emphasis on installing the game plan for the Cardinals.
– DE Eugene Sims was the only one not to participate as he is dealing with a mild concussion. Because of the short week and the tests required to be cleared to play following a head injury, it could be tough for Sims to be available this week.
– A roster note in case you missed it: T Ty Nsekhe was added to the practice squad and C Chase Beeler was released. Nsekhe was released last week after the Rams claimed T Joe Barksdale off waivers from Oakland.
– The Rams spent very little time on yesterday’s game. After the game, coach Jeff Fisher let his team know it had to move on quickly. Here’s a sample of how things went afterward:
The coaching staff returned to the ContinuityX Training Center and got to work on Arizona’s recent games and putting in the game plan. Now, going back to the spring and summer, the staff already had a baseline of knowledge from watching division opponents but it’s still important to watch the Cardinals tape from this season. So they did that and they watched the film of yesterday’s win against Seattle.
The players spent the night getting into film that had already been placed on their iPad. CB Cortland Finnegan, for example, watched three full Arizona games last night alone.
This morning, the players had the option to come and watch film from yesterday’s game while the coaches continued game planning.
– When Fisher was asked if he’d gotten any sleep, he responded that he got “enough.” Not sure what that means but it likely doesn’t mean that he caught too many Z’s.
– Fisher acknowledged he was pleased with how the offensive line bounced back, allowing two sacks a week after giving up six to the Bears. Sure he’d like to see more consistent push in the running game, particularly in the second half, but overall a pretty solid showing against an excellent defense.
– Fisher said DT Michael Brockers made it through the game OK but he was admittedly rusty. He hopes with a game under his belt Brockers can be more productive moving forward.
– Here’s the Rams injury report for Monday, keeping in mind it’s long based on the short turnaround. Many of these players could have practiced on a normal Wednesday:
Did Not Practice: Sims (head), WR Brandon Gibson (knee), RB Steven Jackson (groin), T Wayne Hunter (knee) and T Rodger Saffold (knee)
Limited Participation: WR Danny Amendola (ankle), S Matt Daniels (hamstring), DT Matt Conrath (knee), DE William Hayes (knee).
– That’s all for today. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »