– The Rams just wrapped up their Thursday afternoon practice and continue to work back from a long time off in preparation for Miami.
– On the injury front first of all, it appears the Rams will be getting some bodies back healthy this week, particularly some of the younger depth guys.
– From Thursday:
Did Not Participate: WR Danny Amendola (shoulder), LB Mario Haggan (thigh), T Rodger Saffold (knee) and DE William Hayes (back)
Limited Participation: None.
Full Participation: S Matt Daniels (thigh), DT Matt Conrath (knee), DE Eugene Sims (head) and FB Brit Miller (ankle)
– Good to see Miller back in practice, not that it’s a surprise. He’s as tough a player as you’ll find in this league.
– It’s unlikely the Rams will have Amendola, Saffold or Haggan this week.
– Hayes left practice early on Wednesday with that back ailment. It remains to be seen what his status will be moving forward.
– Conrath seems on track to make his regular season debut should the Rams opt to have him on the active gameday roster.
– For Miami:
Did Not Participate: CB Richard Marshall (back) and RB Daniel Thomas (concussion).
Limited Participation: CB Nolan Carroll (Achilles) and RB Reggie Bush (knee).
Full Participation: WR Brian Hartline (quad), S Reshad Jones (back/heel).
– Bush is a new additiont to the report Thursday. It’s likely precautionary but still worth monitoring as the week goes on.
– Elsewhere, Rams coach Jeff Fisher expressed confidence in having CB Janoris Jenkins fill in for WR Danny Amendola on punt returns. Amendola provides ball security which Fisher said is the main thing he’s looking to see there. Jenkins may take a few more risks but Fisher acknowledged he likes the game breaking ability Jenkins has in that role.
– That’s it for today. Keep an eye on the homepage as I have a big feature on young Mr. Jenkins coming today. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »