- The Rams finished up their Thursday practice under an overcast sky and chilly temperatures. The wind was howling and the fields were a bit slippery at Arsenal practice facility Thursday but the team made it through the workout with no issues.
- Temperatures are expected to continue to dip in the next few days and end with a chilly Sunday evening game against the Patriots at Wembley Stadium.
- On the practice field, the Rams made it through another day and WR Danny Amendola was again a limited participant in practice.
- Amendola told reporters after that he was still going to push to play this week. It still seems like a long shot but coach Jeff Fisher did acknowledge that Amendola looked “better” in Thursday’s practice than he did on Wednesday.
- Here’s the full injury report for Thursday:
Did Not Participate: T Wayne Hunter (back), DE Eugene Sims (knee) and T Rodger Saffold (knee).
Limited Participants: Amendola, DT Matt Conrath (knee), TE Mike McNeill (knee) and LB Mario Haggan (thigh).
Full Participant: WR Brandon Gibson (illness)
- Gibson was actually the WR who was ill on Wednesday but an error on the injury report said it was Chris Givens. Givens hasn’t missed any time. Gibson didn’t practice Wednesday and returned to action Thursday in a full capacity.
- Haggan took part in his first practice since suffering the thigh injury a few weeks ago.
- Newly acquired OL Chris Williams has been working all over the place though LT has seemingly been his main position so far. He’s wearing No. 69. It remains to be seen how much of the offense he knows but it seems the Rams are working to get him up to speed sooner than later so he can chip in if needed.
- The Patriots are scheduled to leave for London tonight and arrive in the morning. It could be an advantage for the Rams having more time to get acclimated to the time change but New England coach Bell Belichick doesn’t believe it necessary to be here too soon.
“We had to make an adjustment to the time change, getting back into our routine and our schedule and all that,” Belichick said. “The fact that we’ve done it before gives us a little bit of a barometer as to what some of the needs are and maybe what some of the harder things were for us and what some of the easier things were in the last trip. Overall, I think that we’ve done a pretty good job of trying to understand the logistics and certainly we’ve had a lot of cooperation from the people on the London end and the people in our organization that have worked to make a smooth trip. I think it’ll be fine. It really worked out fine last time. There are some hurdles to get over, but everybody’s worked hard to bring it together and I think it should be a smooth operation.”
- Rumor has it that the Rams will have a special guest attending their Friday practice on the hotel grounds at The Grove. More on that tomorrow should the rumored visit actually occur.
- Be sure to check in at 12:30 for the chat. I know we usually do Tuesdays but it’s been impossible to get it with the time change and events going on around here. I’ll go over to the mailbag and knock it out in about an hour. Promise.
- Thanks for reading. I’ll have a story coming on the matchup with New England’s vaunted offense as well as a look at newly added Rams OL Williams in a little while.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »