- The Rams finished their week of practice with a cold, windy workout on a field at The Grove Hotel on Friday morning but a little taste of Hollywood made the day a bit more enjoyable. More on that in a moment but first let’s get to the football.
- Coach Jeff Fisher said he was pleased with how his team has responded in practice each day after some “groggy” mornings.
“They have improved each day and today was our best day,” Fisher said. “For the players after we got past the first meeting Wednesday morning it was normal. As you can imagine they were a little groggy in the morning but we followed a normal schedule Wednesday, yesterday and today. We are on a normal schedule right now and they’ve adjusted. We feel good.”
- Bolstering the spirits at practice was the sight of Hollywood A-lister Kevin Costner, who stopped by practice. Costner is in town filming the new “Jack Ryan” movie, which is a reboot of the popular Tom Clancy character once played by Harrison Ford in movies such as Patriot Games.
- Fisher said his favorite Costner movie is “Field of Dreams” and made note that Costner evoked some similarities to that movie with what he spent most of practice doing.
“He acted like that was his football Field of Dreams out there today,” Fisher said. “His arm must be sore, he must have thrown for about an hour out there today.”
- When asked if Costner had a good arm, Fisher replied “Yeah, at one time.”
- Fisher said the Patriots philosophy is different in terms of travel because they have to travel to the West Coast and the travel here isn’t much longer. He doesn’t view it as much of an advantage but did want his players well adjusted before playing Sunday.
- Asked what the key is to slowing down Tom Brady and Co., Fisher had a simple reply:
“Keeping them off the field,” Fisher said. “That’s about the best way to do it which means you have to win time of possession, you have to find a way to run the football against a good defense. It’s difficult to stop this offense. You have to manage it as much as you can.”
- Now the Rams will re-locate to a more central hotel in downtown and make another adjustment. The players will have some more free time and the entire organization will take part in a private event at the Tower of London tonight. Aside from that, the Rams will have a walk through at Wembley Stadium on Saturday morning with normal pre-game meetings interspersed in there.
- More updates at they come. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 2 Comments »