– Rams drive ends from their 37 as Bradford is sacked again for a loss of 8 by Ninkovich.
– Patriots take over at their 45.
– Another drive, another TD for Pats. Brady to Gronkowski for 14 yards and a score. It’s 45-7 with 11:20 to go.
– Rams get it at their 27.
– After moving into NE territory on strength of RIchardson’s legs, Bradford was intercepted by CB Alfonzo Dennard. Pats take over at their 18.
– Ryan Mallett in at QB for Pats.
– Defense gets a stop.
– Kellen Clemens in for Bradford at QB.
– Rams take over at their 10.
– Nice run by RB Isaiah Pead gains 19.
– Quick goes up and makes a nice catch for a gain of 38 to New England’s 24.
– Another nice gain by Pead for a gain of 8.
– Clemens intercepted by Tavon Wilson.
– That will do it for this one.
– Patriots win it 45-7. Very disappointing showing for the Rams in all phases. They fall to 3-5 heading into the bye week.
– Pats start at the 20.
– Moving it with ease, still as two plays net 47 yards.
– Four plays later, Brady hits Lloyd for another score, this time from 9 yards out. Pats lead 35-7.
– Rams defense being shredded by Brady and Co.
– Rams start first drive of second half from their 20.
– Three and out after another costly penalty on second down when Bradford crossed line of scrimmage before throwing.
– New England starts again at its 34.
– It’s the Stevan Ridley show on this drive: three runs for 60 yards. First down at Rams 6.
– Patriots finally do something other than score a TD, settle for a Stephen Gostkowski 26-yard field goal. Pats lead 38-7 with 6:55 to go in the third.
– Rams get a first down by penalty but penalties of their own and a third down sack ended any hopes of a drive. New England has it at its 45.
– The Rams offense hasn’t gone an entire possession without a penalty since the opening drive.
– Defense gets a three and out. First punt of the day for New England comes with 2:36 to go in the third quarter.
– It’s a touchback. Rams take over at their 20.
– Rams moving with some nice grabs from Gibson.
– Rams have it third and 6 at the Patriots 37 at the end of three quarters.
– The Rams held their ground twice before Shane Vereen pounded it in from 1 yard out. New England leads 14-7 with 14:12 to go in the half.
– Rams start their third possession at their 20.
– After an 8-yard completion to Richardson and a third down conversion on third and 2 to Kendricks for 6, the Rams went nowhere again.
– On third-and-15, a short completion to Steve Smith turned into a disaster as he fumbled and LB Rob Ninkovich recovered at the Rams’ 25.
– A review of the play called it incomplete. Rams to punt. Dodge a bullet there.
– Patriots get it back at their 21.
– Gronkowski and Brady continued their dominance, hooking up for gains of 17 and 32 to the Rams’ 9.
– On third and goal at the 7, Brady hit Gronkowski again for a touchdown. It’s 21-7 Patriots. Rams defense getting no pressure on Brady and he and Gronkowski are picking them apart.
– Rams start again at their 29.
– On second down, Bradford hit Givens for 9 and followed with an 8-yard strike to Gibson for a first down at the 38.
– After another first down got to New England’s 41, a holding penalty pushed the Rams back 10 yards.
– On first and 20 at the Rams’ 49, Bradford found Richardson for 3 yards but was hit on the play and remained down.
– Looks like he’ll be OK. Rams call timeout, Bradford won’t even miss a snap.
– Bradford finds Kendricks at Patriots 46.
– It’s third and 15 there.
– Bradford to Kendricks for 10 more sets up fourth and 5 at New England’s 36.
– Zuerlein on to try a 53-yard field goal.
– A high snap left Hekker unable to get the snap down and he was dropped for a 9-yard loss.
– New England took over at its 44 and quickly got 15 on a completion to Woodhead.
– On third and 4 at the Rams 35, Fletcher was flagged for pass interference again, this time for 15 yards and another first down at the 20.
– Brady got a first down on third and 1 with a 3-yard sneak.
– Yet another pass interference on Fletcher gave the Pats another third down conversion. First and goal at the 1 with 14 seconds to go.
– Ridley scores. It’s 28-7 and getting out of hand here at Wembley as we head to the half.
– The Patriots won the toss and elected to defer. The Rams started from their 20.
– After an offsides penalty, the Rams picked up 14 as Bradford dropped on off to RB Steven Jackson.
– Bradford hit Pettis for 5 and Jackson picked up 6 on two carries for a first down at the 50.
– There, Bradford threw a perfect play action strike to WR Chris Givens for a touchdown and a quick 7-0 lead.
– Tremendous start for the Rams.
– Givens’ catch was his fifth straight game with a 50-plus yard grab, a new NFL rookie record, passing Willie Gault.
– New England started at its 22 and got a first down on a pass interference for a 10-yard gain and a first at the 40.
– Three plays later, they converted again as Brady floated one to RB Danny Woodhead for a gain of 24 to the Rams’ 28.
– Three plays after that, Brady hit Brandon Lloyd for a 19-yard touchdown.
– The extra point ties it at 7 with 7:50 to go in the first. Lots of fireworks here early.
– Rams start again from their 17.
– Bradford hits Matthew Mulligan for 13 to the 30 and a first down.
– A 7-yard run by Jackson and 5 for Richardson picked up another first down.
– But the Rams drive died as Bradford was flagged for grounding on third and 6.
– New England starts again at its 17.
– Brady went back to work with two 25-yard completions to TE Rob Gronkowski.
– The Patriots have second and goal at the Rams 2 in a 7-7 game at the end of the first half.
– Greetings from Wembley Stadium where the Rams and the Patriots are warming up for today’s kickoff, which takes place at 5:00 p.m. London time and noon back in St. Louis.
– It’s a chilly, overcast day here in London or, pretty much, par for the course for October in London. But it’s expected that the rain will stay away.
– Not that anyone cares but the pressbox setup here is somewhat strange. The pressbox isn’t just open air, it’s open, period. It’s a section unto itself but it’s right next to general fan population and is really just regular seats with a table attached to the top.
– The Rams will be wearing the all blues here as has been their normal custom during home games. As hard as it is to remember at times, this is a home game for the Rams. The stadium is decked out in Rams logos as a reminder.
– The Rams inactives for today: DE Eugene Sims, QB Austin Davis, WR Danny Amendola, T Rodger Saffold, T Wayne Hunter, LB Mario Haggan and DT Matt Conrath.
– For the Patriots: TE Aaron Hernandez, G Logan Mankins, S Patrick Chung, S Steve Gregory, RB Brandon Bolden, LB Tracy White and DL Trevor Scott.
– For the Rams, Joe Barksdale will again start at LT in place of Hunter via Saffold.
– Keep an eye on WR Brian Quick today, he could have an expanded role.
– All four Rams RBs will be available so it’s possible Terrance Ganaway could get some chances.
– The Patriots have some major shuffling to do in the secondary without both starting safeties.
– New England is wearing white jerseys with blue pants.
– Stay tuned for updated throughout the game.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »