- The Rams wrapped up their Thursday practice under a sunny sky with warm (for this time of year) temperatures.
- It’s just a feeling or an observation but the Rams and the coaching staff seem to be really locked in and focused right now. That’s not to say that they aren’t normally but it does seem like there’s a bit more urgency in the air this week. That could be the product of facing a really tough opponent, having a division game or even just having a fully charged battery coming off the bye week. Either way, it seems to be there.
- Some minor tweaks on the injury report Thursday:
Did Not Participate: DE Eugene Sims (knee), DT Kendall Langford (non-injury), S Darian Stewart (knee).
Limited Participation: T Wayne Hunter (back), T Rodger Saffold (knee), WR Danny Amendola (shoulder), LB Mario Haggan (thigh), C Scott Wells (foot), DT Kellen Heard (foot).
Full Participation: T Barry Richardson (head), LB Justin Cole (illness).
- Langford was excused from practice for a non-injury issue.
- Heard was added as limited participation because of a foot injury.
- Cole returned to practice after missing Wednesday because of an illness.
- Nothing further to report on potential returns for Amendola or Saffold. OC Brian Schottenheimer did say it would be a nice boost for the offense if either or both returned. Their status probably won’t crystallize until game time.
- RB Steven Jackson is closing in on more franchise milestones this week as he has a chance to move into second on the team’s career all-purpose yards list and could also move into second on the yards from scrimmage list. He needs 57 of the former and 121 of the latter to pass former Rams WR Torry Holt for second place in those categories.
- Should Jackson pass Holt, he’d trail only Isaac Bruce in those statistics. Jackson has long admired Bruce and Holt and said though he’s focused on the Niners, it would mean something to him to place his name between that dynamic duo.
“Those are the two guys that welcomed me with open arms like big brothers,” Jackson said. “I still keep in contact with them to this day about things I may need advice on. So to be in the company of those two guys, it means a lot.”
- That’s all for today. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »