– Rams coach Jeff Fisher has had an affinity for the men and women who serve our country for a long time and since he’s been put in position to coach in the league, he’s wanted to do as much as possible to give back to those who do so much for the United States on a daily basis.
– So it was that with Veterans Day just last week and the team’s Military Appreciation Day coming Sunday, Fisher invited local military to pay a visit to ContinuityX Training Center and take in Friday’s practice.
“It’s great,” Fisher said. “We let the players know earlier in the week and they were excited. It’s great to be in a situation where they can literally just stand there and watch practice. It’s a good deal for both, it’s inspirational for the players as well.”
– Most of the airmen in attendance came from Scott Air Force Base in Illinois, the same base where the Rams held a team walk through near the end of training camp. When the practice was over, the entire team went to the sidelines to talk to the troops, take pictures and sign autographs.
– Fisher said the impetus for being so involved with the military has been something he’s been doing and wanted to do for a long time.
“When we first moved to Tennessee we wanted to get involved,” Fisher said. “And then because of the proximity to Fort Campbell, we had a lot of different events going on and interaction and that’s pretty much how it started.”
– As for the practice itself, Fisher was pleased with how it went and the Rams appear ready for this weekend’s game against the Jets. As an outside observer, it seemed like one of the most energetic practice weeks the Rams have had. They were enthusiastic and loose and appeared to strike the balance between fun and business.
– We’ll see how that all pans out this weekend as Gang Green comes to town.
– The Rams made a roster move Friday, promoting TE Cory Harkey to the active roster. He fills the spot vacated by DT Kellen Heard, who was released last week.
– On the injury front, the Rams appear to be as healthy as they’ve been in quite some time. Here’s the breakdown:
Questionable: S Darian Stewart (knee), DE Eugene Sims (knee), LB Mario Haggan (thigh), WR Austin Pettis (toe).
– Pettis returned to practice on a limited basis Friday after sitting out Thursday.
– Thanks for reading. Talk to you all Sunday.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »