- The Rams just wrapped up their Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, practice as they continue to prepare for Sunday’s NFC West Division game against Arizona.
- While the practice schedule wasn’t much different than normal, coach Jeff Fisher did tweak the meeting schedule for his team so they could go home to their families for Thanksgiving dinner.
- The afternoon meetings were canceled and now the Rams head home to be with their loved ones.
- For Rams C Scott Wells, this has been a huge week. He’s been activated to the 53-man roster and there’s a chance he could return to the starting lineup after a long recovering from a foot injury. But today will bring even more good things for Wells and his family.
- You may remember the story we had here on stlouisrams.com just before the season detailing the journey of Wells and his wife Julie to Uganda to adopt two children. They came back with three and their brood of three kids doubled to six. For a look back on that story, you can check out this link: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Road-to-Joy-The-Wells-Family-Journey/40df92c8-eb22-4a4b-bba2-3564363bfb9b
- But today will be the first Thanksgiving for the whole family together.
“We are excited about it,” Wells said. “It’s an American holiday so we are excited to be able to include them in our family and incorporate the three new members and have a much larger family at the table for Thanksgiving so that’s something we are definitely excited about.”
- With the oldest of the new additions just 5, Wells didn’t think they’d have much understanding of the holiday but is looking forward to the chance to teach them.
“They’re kids,” Wells said. “The oldest one is 5 out of the new additions so we’ll see. I know they’ll understand the big meal. And then they’ll understand what we say and how we teach them about the meaning.”
- Fisher said it’s important on a day like today for his team to be grateful for all that it has.
“It’s the opportunity the organization affords us and the opportunity the National Football League affords us,” Fisher said. “It’s a privilege to be associated with it and then once you surround yourself with good people, which we have, you are very thankful for that.”
- As for the practice, the Rams went through the usual two-hour or so work day and continue to get ready for Arizona.
- On the injury front, there were a couple of tweaks from Wednesday. Here’s the breakdown:
Did Not Participate: S Rodney McLeod (calf), LB Mario Haggan (elbow) and WR Danny Amendola (foot).
Limited Participation: TE Lance Kendricks (knee), RB Steven Jackson (foot).
- Again, Jackson and Kendricks are mostly resting and are expected to be fine. Both were upgraded from not participating on Wednesday.
- McLeod was added to the mix on Thursday. Amendola’s status for this weekend remains in question.
- That’s all for today. Thanks for reading and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »