- The Rams got back to practice Wednesday with unseasonably warm temperatures still persisting in St. Louis. But they did so well aware of the forecast that could be awaiting in Buffalo this weekend.
– Detail-oriented coach Jeff Fisher is constantly aware of the weather so his team can be as prepared as possible for any and all conditions. And with temperatures expected in the 40s with rain and maybe some snow on Sunday in the offing in Buffalo, he’s pulling out all the stops this week to make sure his team is ready.
– That includes using balls dipped in cold water in practice for the offense to get used to in case such a scenario arises with rain on Sunday.
– Fisher wants his team to be ready to use slippery footballs should the rain come.
– A quick roster note left over from last week: LB Sammy Brown was promoted to the active roster because of the lingering elbow issue for LB Mario Haggan. To make room, the Rams released CB Quinton Pointer. On Wednesday, Pointer was brought back to the practice squad.
– Also in practice squad news, WR Saalim Hakim was released and TE Cameron Graham was signed.
– On the injury front, the Rams have a relatively short list mixed with a couple of guys still recovering from injury (WR Danny Amendola and his foot and Haggan with the elbow) and players simply resting lesser ailments such as RB Steven Jackson with his foot and C Scott Wells with his knee. The only new addition was TE Mike McNeill, who has a thigh injury. None of those players practiced Wednesday but Jackson and Wells are expected to be fine and follow similar schedules to the ones they used before playing last week.
– For Buffalo, the injury report is actually so long that the Bills could have a full 22-person team. And there are some important names on the list. DE Mark Anderson (knee), WR Stevie Johnson (hamstring), DT Kyle Williams (ankle) and C Eric Wood (knee) are among the bigger contributors not practicing. Among the big names who were limited: WR Brad Smith (hamstring), CB Leodis McKelvin (back) and LB Nick Barnett (knee).
– That’s all for today. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »