ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. –
– Hekker mishandled the snap and picked the ball up but got 0 yards out of it as Buffalo takes over at its 49. Costly, costly mistake for the Rams.
– Darian Stewart in for Craig Dahl. Dahl being evaluated for a concussion.
– The Bills moved to the Rams’ 34 where they set up for a 52-yard field goal for Lindell but called timeout and opted to punt instead.
– Great play on the punt by WR Ruvell Martin to save it from going into end zone. Rams pinned at their 3.
– Jackson gained 1 on first down.
– Bradford finds Gibson for 24 yards on second down to the 28.
– A 9-yard completion to Pettis on third and 10 came up 1 yard short and the Rams had to punt it away.
– Buffalo starts from its 30.
– Much needed three and out for the Rams there.
– Rams start from their 26. Now is the time. Need a drive.
– Nothing doing for the Rams again. Three and out.
– Defense does its job again.
– Rams have to go 84 yards to win it with 4:55 to go. All three timeouts.
– Two Jackson runs went for 16 yards to the 32.
– Gibson missed a big play opportunity on a deep pass down the left sideline.
– Big catch by Kendricks on second down for 22 yards to Buffalo’s 46.
– Bradford finds Jackson for 9 to set up third and 1 at Buffalo’s 37.
– Third down pass nearly intercepted.
– It’s fourth and 1 at the 37.
– Unbelievable catch by Pettis for a gain of 9 and a first down.
– Bradford incomplete on first down.
– Incomplete again on second to make it third and 10.
– Huge catch by Gibson for 15 to move chains again to Buffalo’s 13.
– Incomplete on first down.
– Gibson makes a huge catch again for a 13-yard TD.
– Bradford finds Givens for a 2-point conversion. Rams lead 15-12 with 48 seconds to go.
– Bills start from their 22.
– Fitzpatrick to Chandler for 20 on first down to the 42. Big chunk there, can’t keep allowing those.
– Incomplete on first down.
– Bills have one timeout to go.
– A sack by Quinn and Mikell moved it back 9.
– Interception by LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar ends it.
– Rams with a huge 15-12 win. They stay alive. Plenty more to come.
– Rams start from their 30 to open the half.
– First down on an illegal hands to the face to the 39.
– Brian Quick converts a third down with a 6-yard grab to midfield.
– Another big third down conversion as Bradford hits Gibson for 22 and follows with 16 more to Buffalo’s 9.
– Bradford hits Givens for 8 on the next play to the 1.
– Jackson promptly scores from 1 yard out. Big drive for the Rams there. They take their first lead at 7-6 with 8:37 to go in the third.
– The Bills responded with their best drive of the day as Spiller ripped off runs of 13 twice and Fitzpatrick found TE Lee Smith for a 1-yard touchdown.
– Buffalo couldn’t convert the extra point though and it’s 12-7 with 3:26 to go in the third quarter.
– Rams start again from their 19, looking to build on previous drive.
– They picked up a couple first downs but stalled at midfield and will punt to open the fourth quarter.
– After three, the Bills lead 12-7.
– Jackson gets the chains moving as he ripped off a 12-yard run to the 31 and followed with 7 more to the 38.
– Jackson lost 1 on the next play to make it third and 4.
– Bradford threw incomplete for Steve Smith on third down. Another drive, another punt.
– Bills take over at their 22.
– The Rams forced another three and out and the offense gets it at its 39.
– Three and out yet again for the Rams.
– Bills take over at their 13.
– Defense got another stop on a third down sack split by DT Kendall Langford and DE Chris Long.
– Rams get it again at their 13. Need to find some rhythm on offense.
– Finally, a pair of third down conversions as Jackson gained 2 on third and 1 and Bradford found Givens for 13 on third and 6 for first down at the Rams 41 at the 2-minute warning.
– Bradford finds Gibson for 10 and another first down.
– On third and 5, Bradford was intercepted by rookie CB Stephon Gilmore who returned it for a touchdown but a block in the back brought it back to the Rams 49.
– Fitzpatrick hit three completions, including an 11-yarder to Chandler for first down at the Rams’ 23 with 32 seconds to go in the half.
– Bills get a 40-yarder from Lindell to make it 6-0 Bills with 7 seconds to go in the half.
– At the half, the Rams trail 6-0 and have just 71 yards of offense.
– The Rams won the toss and elected to defer.
– Buffalo started from its 25.
– On second and 9, DT Michael Brockers dropped Ryan Fitzpatrick for a 1-yard sack.
– On third down, Fitzpatrick forced a throw into the flat that LB James Laurinaitis had a chance at but couldn’t make the play. Disappointing miss.
– Rams got great field position at their 42 but went three and out as a third-and-3 pass fell incomplete.
– They punt it back to the Bills, who take over at their 18.
– Defense gets another quick three and out and get more field position at their 37.
– Three and out for the Rams. Four of those to start the game and just 13 total yards.
– Bills get it again at their 27.
– Buffalo finally pieced together some offense as Fitzpatrick hit Donald Jones for 19 yards for the first first down and they picked up a key third-and-13 when C.J. Spiller grabbed a screen pass and picked up 15 yards.
– But the Rams defense kept Buffalo out of the end zone when the Bills settled for a 35-yard field goal from K Rian Lindell. With 2:14 to go in the first, Buffalo leads 3-0.
– Rams start from their 30.
– Three and out again as Bradford under constant pressure and Givens can’t hang on to third down pass that would have been a first down.
– Buffalo takes over at its 29.
– Rams without a first down in this quarter.
– Bills march quick on completions of 23 to TE Scott Chandler and 34 to Johnson.
– But on first and 10 at the Rams 14, RB Fred Jackson fumbled on a hit from Brockers. LB James Laurinaitis recovered and returned it to the 19.
– At the end of the first, the Rams trail 3-0.
– Greetings from Ralph Wilson Stadium where the Rams and Bills are preparing for today’s game.
– Make no mistake, it’s cold here and a little windy but so far, it is shaping up to be a pretty nice day for December in Buffalo.
– Ralph Wilson Stadium is designed in a way that blocks wind so the flags on the top of the stadium are whipping around but the ones on the goalposts aren’t moving much at all.
– The forecast also appears to be shaping up with no precipitation.
– Rams inactives for today: TE Mike McNeill, QB Austin Davis, WR Danny Amendola, RB Terrance Ganaway, OL Chris Williams, DT Matt Conrath and T Joe Barksdale.
– Amendola was limited this week but just isn’t quite there yet as he deals with a foot/heel injury.
– LB Mario Haggan, who was questionable with an elbow injury is back and active.
– For the Bills: QB Tarvaris Jackson, CB Aaron Williams, CB T.J. Heath, C Eric Wood, WR Marcus Easley, DE Mark Anderson and OL Chris Scott.
– Undrafted rookie David Snow will start in place of Wood at center.
– Rams are wearing all blues today. Buffalo in all whites.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »