- The Rams wrapped up their Thursday practice and saw some progress on a number of fronts as it pertains to the injury report.
– Namely, S Craig Dahl was cleared to return to practice after suffering a concussion in Buffalo. He was listed as a full participant after sitting out Wednesday’s workout. C Scott Wells (knee) got the same upgrade though sitting Wednesday practices has been his normal routine. They joined LB Mario Haggan (elbow) as full participants.
– RB Steven Jackson (foot) and TE Mike McNeill (thigh) were upgraded to limited after sitting out Wednesday’s practice. They are joined with that designation by WR Danny Amendola, who was limited again but did some work in team drills, the first time he’s done that in a few weeks.
– CB Cortland Finnegan and LB James Laurianitis did not practice for the second day in a row as they deal with ankle and back injuries, respectively.
– Jackson, of course, is following his usual weekly pattern of sitting Wednesday and working his way back into the mix the following two days. He’s expected to be just fine to go on Sunday and why wouldn’t he with so many opportunities in front of him?
– Heading in to that game, Jackson needs just 71 yards to reach the 10,000 rushing yards mark for his career. He’d become the 27th player in league history to reach that milestone.
– A little further out there is the quest for his eighth straight 1,000-yard season on the ground, a mark only six other backs in league history have reached. He needs 164 yards to get there.
– Both marks mean something to Jackson in this, his ninth year.
“Nine years ago when I came in here I was always taught to be consistent and to be dependable,” Jackson said. “That’s what I have tried to be my whole entire career. For me to just put myself in this position to be able to hit these milestones, it says I’ve done just that. I’ve shared these accomplishments not only with myself but with the guys in the locker room and the guys I’ve played with in the past. Every one has contributed to my success.”
– Notable for Minnesota on its Thursday injury report was the downgrade for star RB Adrian Peterson. He is dealing with an abdomen injury and did not practice after he was limited in Wednesday’s practice. It doesn’t seem like he’s in any danger of not playing this week but worth keeping an eye on the injury to see if it bothers him Sunday.
– CB Antoine Winfield was also a non-participant as he battles a knee injury.
– All for today. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »