- Greetings from Lucas Oil Stadium for Sunday’s festivities where things kick up a notch in terms of the workouts. It’s the last day for us and the media here covering it but things are just getting started on the field. The quarterbacks, receivers and running backs take center stage today and already this morning, we’ve had some fireworks.
- On Friday, West Virginia WR Tavon Austin said he hoped to run sub 4.4. On Sunday, he did even better, clocking an unofficial 4.25 in the 40-yard dash. Now, normally those times drop a bit when made official but either way, Austin was rolling. And since he was at the top of the alphabetical list, you can’t help but feel sorry for the rest of the guys who have to follow his act.
- Except, of course, for Texas WR Marquise Goodwin. The Olympic caliber athlete matched Austin with a 4.25.
- Remember, those times will be adjust later in the day but those are blazing fast times.
- Meanwhile, here in the media room, today is the day for defensive backs. We’ll be wrapping up our coverage today but we hope to catch up with some of the top safeties today. If we don’t get stuff up about them today it will likely be tomorrow. On that list is Texas’ Kenny Vaccaro, LSU’s Eric Reid. Florida International’s Jonathan Cyprien and Florida’s Matt Elam.
- If you didn’t get a chance to check out the feature on the homepage about Florida State OT Menelik Watson, I urge you to do so. Great story, great kid.
- Thanks for following along all weekend. Hope you have all enjoyed the stories, the blogs, the videos and everything else we’ve done here. More to come today.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »