– While they are still a couple of weeks from being able to begin on field work and Organized Team Activities, the majority of the Rams returned to St. Louis and ContinuityX Training Center on Monday morning as the team officially began the offseason workout program.
– Technically this portion of the program is just the beginning of what will include OTAs and minicamps through around mid-June before the team leaves and re-convenes in July for training camp.
– By all accounts, the bulk of the Rams were ready and raring to go on Monday morning. Middle linebacker James Laurinaitis, CB Janoris Jenkins, QB Sam Bradford,DE Chris Long, receivers Chris Givens, Austin Pettis and Brian Quick were among the many that turned out to begin workouts. Essentially, the entire roster turned up.
– And yes, OT Rodger Saffold is in the building and ready to get to work.
– Here’s how the schedule breaks down for the next couple months as the Rams head toward the summer.
Phase One – Conditioning/Weight lifting work – April 15 – April 26
Phase Two – Skill Development – April 29 – May 17
Rookie Mini-camp – May 9 – May 12
Phase III – Field Work/Organized Team Activities: May 21, 23, 24, June 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14.
Rookie Week – June 17 – 21
– Training camp is tentavely set to begin sometime in the last weekend of July.
– We’ll have more updates from the offseason program later today. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 7 Comments »