- Well, here we are on Saturday already. Does it still feel like a Sunday to anyone else?
- Today, the NFL Draft will cash out the final four rounds with rounds four through seven taking place today.
- The Rams have four picks today, one in the fourth, one in the fifth and two in the sixth. They traded their seventh-round choice to Buffalo in the deal to move up for Tavon Austin. That could mean the Rams are done early today if they don’t make a move back to regain a seventh.
- Through round three, the Rams have filled some needs and strengthened some positions.
Defensively, the Rams no longer have any just openly glaring holes among their starters. They could certainly stand to add some depth at linebacker, safety, defensive tackle and, especially at cornerback. But with Alec Ogletree at OLB and T.J. McDonald at S, they have to feel good about filling in some of the final puzzle pieces for that defense.
Offensively, the focus has been on adding weapons. The Rams did some one stop shopping in Morgantown, West Virginia to do just that by adding multi-dimensional wideouts Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey. Now, the offense could still use a boost on the interior of the OL as well as at RB. But again, no need is just so pressing that the Rams have to desperately make a pick at any one position.
- Heading into round 4, I’ll remind everyone that the Rams take these final rounds serious. They found some really good players in these rounds last year, including Chris Givens, Greg Zuerlein and Daryl Richardson. So they’ll be looking to add players that can help, not just long term projects.
- Here’s a look at some of the best and most intriguing players still available that will almost certainly come off the board at some point:
QB: Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Matt Scott
RB: Marcus Lattimore, Johnathan Franklin, Mike Gillislee, Stepfan Taylor, Zac Stacy, Joseph Randle
WR: Quinton Patton, Denard Robinson, Da’Rick Rogers, Ryan Swope, Chris Harper
TE: Dion Sims, Mychal Rivera, Chris Gragg, Nick Kasa, Levine Toilolo
OL: Barrett Jones, David Bakhtiari, Alvin Bailey, Vinston Painter, Khaled Holmes, David Quassenberry, Jordan Mills, Ricky Wagner, Reid Fragel, Chris Faulk, Oday Aboushi, Earl Watford, J.C. Tretter, Brian Schwenke, Braxston Cave
DT: Jesse Williams, Everett Dawkins, Akeem Spence, Montori Hughes, Josh Boyd, Kwame Geathers, T.J. Barnes
DE: Cornelius Washington, Alex Okafor, Lavar Edwards, John Simon, Michael Buchanan
LB: Khaseem Greene, Trevardo Williams, A.J. Klein, Chase Thomas, Sean Porter, DeVonte Holloman, Gerald Hodges
CB: B.W. Webb, Jordan Poyer, Sanders Commings
S: Shamarko Thomas, Phillip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo, Josh Evans
And that’s just a small sample size of what remains on the board. Should make for an interesting day.
- Once again, we’ll have the live blog up and running throughout the day and give real time picks and analysis for as many of the picks as possible. Thanks for reading.
Posted in From the Sidelines | No Comments »