- The Rams are back on the field today for Organized Team Activities and we’ll have plenty of stuff coming from that later today, including more on what you’re about to read from QB Sam Bradford but for now, it’s important to get this information out there.
– Bradford joined the city of St. Louis, mayor Francis Slay, the American Red Cross and Switch+ Contemporary along with some other partners to create #STL4OKC, a donation drive to support our neighbors in tornado ravaged Oklahoma City and its suburbs.
– Bradford and the group made the official announcement late yesterday afternoon.
– We’ll have more with insight from Bradford later today but for now, here’s the important things you need to know:
There will be a goods donation drives today from 4 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Broadway and Spruce, across from Gate One at Busch Stadium in the Tums Parking Lot.
Tomorrow, the goods donation drive will continue from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at two locations: Loughborough Commons at I-55 and Loughborough and at Kirkwood Commons at I-44 and Lindbergh. Each location will have a tractor trailer and will be packed as donations arrived.
Here’s the list of new and pre-packaged supplies that are needed:
Baby items – diapers, wipes, formula, Pedialyte or equivalent
Personal needs – lip balm, insect repellant, bathroom tissue, feminine hygiene products, sunscreen, eye drops, first aid supplies, wet wipes, toiletries
Cleaning supplies – Bleach, disinfectant, paper towels
Building and packing materials – small hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, nails, crow bards, saws, screws, work gloves, plywood, duct tape, heavy duty garbage bags, storage containers, nylon rope, large plastic containers, tarps.
Pet supplies – food, kitty litter, pet bowls
Children’s shoes, socks, underwear, clothes sports equipment (balls)
Batteries (C and D sizes)
– As always, CASH donations are always helpful and in many instances preferable. You can make cash donations by visiting www.redcrozz.org, calling 1-800-REDCROSS or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
Below is the PSA with more information.
– The following companies are taking part in the #STL4OKC project: Switch: Liberate Your Brand, Contemporary Productions, American Red Cross of Greater St. Louis, Fresh 102.5 FM, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, Hogan Transport, KMOX, Loy-Lange Box Company and the Veiled Prophet Foundation.
– Thanks for reading and any help you can provide.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 1 Comment »