- The Rams just got off the practice field, finishing their second practice in as many days and bringing to an end the two-day pre-training camp portion of the week. The 36 rookies and first-year players went through a pair of two-hour workouts after finishing their conditioning tests on Monday.
– The rookies will now await the arrival of the veterans, scheduled for Wednesday evening before the first full-squad training camp practice on Thursday at 3:30. That practice is open to the fans and will officially begin training camp.
– OL Barrett Jones did some running on the side again Tuesday. He continues to target a return within the next week or two.
– RB Benny Cunningham looked good and fresh again on Tuesday. For more on him, check the homepage a bit later this evening.
– Rams coach Jeff Fisher offered his take on the addition of LB Will Witherspoon on Monday.
“We were just looking for experience there,” Fisher said. “We lost a couple guys from last year and Spoon is familiarized with the organization, I am familiar with him, he’s familiar with the system. He had a couple other opportunities and he chose to come join us so it’s good to have him.”
– Witherspoon was in the building on Monday and Tuesday, making the rounds and saying hello to the employees still here from his first stint with the team.
– The Rams have a few notable names working in their coaching internship program this summer, including some of Fisher’s former Titans DBs in Lance Schulters and Samari Rolle. Myles Austin is also part of the program.
– Rams great Isaac Bruce is expected to be around for part of training camp, tentatively scheduled for arrival Aug. 1-6.
Posted in From the Sidelines | 3 Comments »