On Now
Coming Up
Hot Links:

St. Louis Rams – Blog

A Big Thank You

Posted by nickwagoner on August 2, 2013 – 1:22 AM

Don’t worry, I promise not to make this some sort of drawn out, sappy goodbye. But I wanted to take a moment to let you all know that today will be my final day and this will be my final column writing for stlouisrams.com.

I’ve accepted a new position covering the Rams for ESPN.com and I am scheduled to begin on Monday, August 5. So I won’t be going too far away but my content will be appearing elsewhere. I’m excited for the new opportunity but I’m also extremely grateful for the past nine-plus years here at stlouisrams.com. I won’t get into making a big, long list of thank yous to the many who have helped along the way, I’ll pass that along privately.

But I don’t want to go without thanking the people who are the most important: that’s you, the fans and readers. I’ve written thousands of pieces of content for this site in the past decade as Keith Harris and I attempted to build this thing from scratch. We made some great progress and none of that would have been possible without you guys. Whether you just read a story, commented on one, participated in a chat or interacted in this blog, I greatly appreciate every person who has taken the time to do it.

I start on Monday and my work will appear on ESPN.com. If you’d like to interact and follow on Twitter, feel free to do so at my twitter tag @nwagoner.

Can’t wait to get going on the next thing. And once more, thanks for everything.

Posted in From the Sidelines | 13 Comments »

13 Responses to “A Big Thank You”

1. By Chris on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Thank you Nick! I appreciate the work that you did for the Rams and look forward to reading your work on ESPN.com.

2. By John on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Thanks a bunch for the great coverage over the years on this site. As a long time follower of this spot on the web it has grown tremendously over the past few years. Thanks for your excellent contributions to making this a great place for Rams fans to visit. As the franchise hit on some hard times you covered the team with real professionalism and spirit over these less than stellar times. Congrats on your new position with ESPN, and here is hoping the Rams offer you great stories of playoff action for many years to come.

3. By nich4rams on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Good luck, on your new venture. Thank you for the years of Ram’s info. It’s too bad, we’ll have to pay for info on ESPN. They are too much of a Conglomerate for me. I’m sure you’ll continue to be an asset.

4. By mogey52 on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Good luck Nick. You will be missed here.

5. By Thilo on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Thank YOU, Nick! I’m sitting here in Berlin, Germany, and you’ve been my favorite link to training camps and inside stories for my beloved Rams over the last years! Good luck and have fun, whichever path you’re going to follow!

6. By JoolzMF on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Good luck, Nick – thanks for all the blogs and articles keeping us Rams fans here in the UK up to date…

7. By Neil G. on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Through the years I’ve relied on your reporting practically everyday during the football training camps and the NFL season. I’ve enjoyed all of it. You will be sorely missed. Good luck with all of your endeavors.

8. By Luke WCRF on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Nick, It has been such a pleasure reading all your articles. Your chats were always fun and informative. I especially liked the game day match up videos you put on. All in all what you put together for the Rams organization has been something I looked forward to over the past several years. YOU WILL TRUELY BE MISSED! Thank You!

9. By stevens7777 on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Thanks, Nick, for all your great coverage, which we know will continue. You have a great eye, especially for those of us abroad, keeping us connected and informed. This is, no doubt, a major—and well deserved—promotion. Glad your unique voice will not be far away.

10. By Scott on Aug 2, 2013 | Reply

Wow Nick, congrats on your new position. thanks for all you have done for us fans. You will be missed here but will look forward to following you at espn.com

11. By Andrew on Aug 3, 2013 | Reply

But but but… Whose going to write my training camp updates?????? Best of luck in the new role

12. By Nathan Moore on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Nick you are a classy, smart, consistent professional. You will be missed and good luck.

13. By Lee on Aug 13, 2013 | Reply